Sunday, March 25, 2007

...and sundry

1. Giant congratulations! The wonderful Allison Titus's chapbook,
Instructions from the Narwhal is imminent! We are so lucky.

2. I have a week off!! I spent much of the last couple days outside spring cleaning my yard. The irises are off to a good start and the cedum is budded! I LOVE plants that don't need me too much. And, though I sometimes dread to find what trash my neighbors have been tossing in my yard all winter is hiding under the snow, this year it was naught but a single beer bottle. And Heineken, no less -- quite schmancy for these parts.

3. To further the idea that I listen to no music from the last two decades, I will share my other spring ritual which is this: the very first day it is possible to open my windows I do so and crank London Calling then the Replacements' Hootenany. That's a happy day.

4. It's been a while since I've given a MEHSBM (Movies Everybody Has Seen But Me) report. Here goes: I like Will Ferrell. Enough to rush off to rent Taladega Nights? No. But I appreciated his sweet comic relief in Winter Passing which I watched this weekend, and which I liked, though you shouldn't trust my taste in films. I also liked him in Stranger than Fiction which Sarah brought on our recent writing trip. (I even liked him in Elf, and guess what? There is a narwhal cameo in Elf.)
P and I also watched Ciao, Professore, which was simple and sweet, and Cecil B. Demented which was simple and sour.

5. Hart Crane Hart Crane Hart Crane


My plan is to glut on movies and books and outdoors this week. Please give me suggestions if you have some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen those movies. I'm going to have to read the rest of your list. Pat