Sunday, May 21, 2006

List Deal

Some time back, my friend Allison asked a group of us to list our all time favorite top 5 books of poetry. Here's my top 10, in no particular order and subject to additions at any moment. (This is a really hard game!)

Four Quartets: T.S. Eliot
The Book of Gods and Devils: Charles Simic
Book of My Nights: Li-Young Lee
View with a Grain of Sand: Wislawa Szymborska
Return to the City of White Donkeys: James Tate
Steal Away: C.D. Wright
Final Harvest: Emily Dickinson
The Four Questions of Melancholy: Tomas Salamun
The Dream Songs: John Berryman
Tristimania: Mary Ruefle

Does anybody have a list of their own or a favorite book I maybe don't know about? I could use a good read.

2 comments:

Kate Harding said...

Yay, new content! Not that I've been checking compulsively like that Denver stalker or anything.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»