Monday, November 20, 2006

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Here is the culmination of my Queen video mania, reserved for my brother Michael's birthday, as it has always been my secret theme song for him. Though, no it is not biographically accurate.

On another note, yesterday was almost a Rockwellian Sunday. In between papers and prepping I baked pumpkin spice muffins and P and I went for a walk around Lake of the Isles. (For non-locals, that is the lake Mary Tyler Moore walks by as her theme song plays)
There is just a thin layer of ice formed across the top of the lake, and if you slide a stone across the top of it (as if you were skipping it), this crazy acoustic phenomenon happens! I swear it sounded like photon torpedoes and echoed all around the shore! Even when a silver dollar size stone was sixty feet or so off shore there continued this loud ringing sound! I was endlessly entertained and after my thirtieth or so stone toss, had to be led away by the arm.

Then the sun set all pastel pinks and blues for the remainder of our walk. Sigh.

1 comment:

Kate Harding said...

I would have skipped stones with you all day. Except I never really learned how. But I would have watched all day.