Saturday, March 17, 2007

Film Grant

Are you thinking of charitable giving? If you are, and if you love kickass female indy filmmakers, this is a good time to contribute to the Sarah Jacobson Film Grant. Sarah was a dear friend. I could write for hours about memories with her that span multiple states. But I will limit myself to a light anecdote. She was not only a valiant promoter of hers and other filmmakers' work, she talked up all her artist friends. Once, while doing a magazine interview in NY, she dragged out some poems I had given her to read, and that is how in '94 my first (and only for a looooong time) national publication appeared in this magazine! That remains one of my favorite flukes.

Alternatively, if you are a kickass female indy filmmaker, you should look into applying for this grant.

No comments: