Sunday, April 16, 2006

Most of What I Read

I always keep a list of books I've read in the back of whatever journal I'm filling. Seemed fun (for me) to put the info all in one place. It's a bit skewed; for example, I generally read a Russian novel every winter, but I've been stuck halfway through The Idiot for two winters running now. Also, I forget to add things if my little journal's not handy, and I also reread so very much more than I relist.

June 2005 through October 2006

1. Franz Wright: Walking to Martha's Vineyard
2. Edmund J. Bourne, PhD. The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook
3. James Tate: Return to the City of White Donkeys
4. Charles Simic: Selected Early Poems
5. Ha Jin: Waiting
6. Flannery O'Connor: A Good Man is Hard to Find (millionth reread)
7. Shakespeare: Hamlet (millionth reread)
8. Gabriel Garcia Marquez: The Leaf Storm and Other Stories (reread)
9. Bitter Fame: the life of Sylvia Plath
10. Sophie's World
11. Dante: The Inferno
12. Dan Brown: the da Vinci Code
13. Sarah Fox: Because Why
14. Juliet Patterson: The Truant Lover
15. Tomas Salamun: the Four Questions of Melancholy (millionth reread)
16. Carol Bly: Beyond the Writers' Workshop
17. Barbara Ehrenreich: Nickel and Dimed: on (not) getting by in America
18. Joshua Poteat: Ornithologies
19. Nick Flynn: Another Bullshit Night in Suck City
20: Charles Simic: Aunt Lettuce, I want to peek up your skirt
21. James Tate: Absences
22. DJ Dolack: The Sad Meal
24. Anna Moschovakis: I Have Not Been Able to Get Through to Everyone
25. Amanda Nadelberg: Isa the Truck Named Isadore
26. David Sedaris: Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim
27. David Sedaris: Me Talk Pretty One Day

November 2006 through June 2007

28. Wicked
29. Chuck Palahniuk: Fight Club
30. Striving Towards Being: The Letters of Thomas Merton and Czeslaw Milosz
31. Augusten Burroughs: Running With Scissors
32. Amy Sedaris: I Like You
33. Dainis Hazners: (Some of) the Adventures of Carlysle, My Imaginary Friend
34. Cynthia Cruz: Ruin
35. Jeffrey McDaniel: The Splinter Factory
36. Joshua Marie Wilkinson: Lug Your Careless Body Out of the Careful Dusk
37. Steve Healey: Earthling
38. Gertrude Stein: Tender Buttons
39: Tenaya Darlington: Madame Deluxe
40: Gretchen Mattox: Buddha Box
41. Ralph Angel: Exceptions and Melancholies
42. Kate Greenstreet: case sensitive
43. Hart Crane: the Bridge
44. Paige Ackerson-Kiely: In No One's Land
45. Matt Hart: Who's Who Vivid
46. Zachary Schomburg: The Man Suit
47. Nick Hornby: How to be Good
48. David Sedaris: Naked
49. David Sedaris: Holidays on Ice
50. Felstiner: Selected Poems and Prose of Paul Celan
51. Samuel Beckett: Happy Days
52. Mary Ruefle: Indeed I was Pleased with the World
53. Nick Hornby: A Long Way Down
54. Cintra Wilson: Colors Insulting to Nature

**To update: I have given up on this list after discovering goodreads.com.

No comments: